Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Cinco de Mayo

I thought St. Patrick's Day was bad. I really did - I mean the Australian's barely knew what that was, or celebrated it. I mean there was green beer at some places and some people partying, but as a whole, not many locals - most were visitors.
Well if that was bad, Cinco de Mayo is completely nonexistant. We went to the bar to say "Happy Cinco de Mayo" to people and they had never heard the phrase or the name of the holiday before.

Not that many study abroad students went out, as we have a ton of school work due this week and next, but being that I am friends with three people of Mexican herritage, and one actual Mexican citizen (remember he is the one that didn't initially make it through customs when we entered the country with his Mexican passport), I agreed to go out for one drink.

It was very low -key, hardly anyone out, and was nice. They have Corona here, which is a familiar taste, but they drink it with lemon instead of lime. I have mentioned before how they LOVE lemons here. They do not have limes hardly anywhere, and it takes an upscale bar to even have limes on the premises. My Mexican friends agreed that Corona is not as good with a lemon rather than a lime, but it still was good. I also had some of a Margarita to complete the Mexican theme. We couldn't stay long because I had to get back to work, but it was nice to celebrate the Mexican holiday with some Mexicans.

I put more photo albums up. I know that these are not in chronological order. I know that these are not really edited or screened. I also know these aren't all that I have- and not all of them have me in them because I haven't swapped to get other people's cameras. Finally, I know that these aren't the main ones people want to see (Bangkok, Broome, and Albany). They are, however, a start. And they should take awhile to look at and keep all of you off my back for a little while - just kidding.

Phuket Part 1:

Phuket Part 2 + Kuala Lumpur Malaysia:

Archaeological Dig:

AQWA, King's Park, Professional Football (Aussie Rules Footy) (AFL), and Cottesloe Beach:

Random Perth Photos:

No comments:

Post a Comment